The below is a collection of very relevant guidelines or advisories from the Article 29 WP regarding the EU GDPR.
Why are these guidelines so relevant?
The Article 29 Working Party is an advisory body made up of a representative from the data protection authority of each EU Member State, the European Data Protection Supervisor and the European Commission.
TL:DR their opinion goes a long way.
- Draft Guidelines on Consent under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Draft guidelines on Transparency under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The Article 29 Working Party on transfers of personal data to third countries under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The Article 29 Working Party Guidance on Data Processing at Work under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The Article 29 Working Party Guidance on Data Breaches under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Article 29 Working Party, letter to ICANN regarding the EU GDPR and WHOIS
Other relevant sources to get GDPR Compliant
- EU GDPR Consent Matrix
- Art 29 WP news
- GDPR checklist/PIA for data controllers and data processors.
- Data Protection Laws around the world. WORLD MAP
- Older article regarding consent under the EU GDPR from the Brittish DPA, still relevant or considered proper guidance.
- The EU GDPR in many languages. This is the official text.
- Consent is not the silver bullet, it is a nightmare.
- More information on Privacy notices, transparency and control under the EU GDPR.
- GDPR READINESS CHECKLIST, very handy GDPR checklist.
Relevant EU GDPR documentation for ICANN Registrars and domain name resellers.
- Legal analysis part 1
- Legal analysis part 2
- Legal analysis part 3
- Dutch DPA on WHOIS must read.
- Christopher Kuner and Bastiaan Suurmond opinion on the questions asked by the ICANN RDS WG regarding WHOIS and the EU GDPR.
- ICANN_privacy_guide_COE Advise from the Council of Europe to ICANN, published prior to ICANN 60
- If you do not know anything about the EU GPDR, good starting point. For those who like to live under rocks.
- GDPR Domain Industry framework
- Whois Clearing House: the ideal way to reconcile Whois and GDPR?
Other sources, highly recommended reading.
- EU GDPR Whitepaper privacy and security
- High Risk Areas for GDPR Compliance: Processing HR Data
- The GDPR: Hype or Hyperbole?
- Big Brother Watch FACT Sheets
- Free eBook: GDPR Compliance – We’re All Going to Be Fine(d)